If you have already completed a recognized undergraduate business degree within the last 10 years, or are a graduate of McMaster University’s Engineering and Management program, you may be eligible for advanced standing in year one and be admitted directly into year two. You can earn your MBA degree in as little as 8 months of full-time study, or 20 months of part-time study. It is intended for those with at least one year of managerial, professional, or technical work experience.
Graduates of McMaster’s Engineering and Management program can also take advantage of this option.
Length: 8 months full-time or approximately 20 months part-time
Number of courses: Normally 10 second year courses
Program specific requirements:
- You already have an undergraduate degree in business, or are a graduate of McMaster’s Engineering and Management program.
- You graduated within the last 10 years from a recognized Canadian or American university.
- You received at least a B grade in all business and introductory economics courses that are equivalent to courses in our first-year curriculum.
- Minimum of one year of full-time continuous managerial, professional, or technical work experience. Undergraduate co-op or internship placements (adding up to 12 months of work or more) from a North American institution will also be considered if they are noted on your official transcripts or are confirmed in a letter from your school.
- Applicants with an international business degree should apply to the traditional 20- course program first. Eligibility for the accelerated option will then be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
When you apply to the accelerated option we assess your academic transcripts against the ten courses which make up the first year of the MBA program. Candidates with at least seven equivalent courses with B grades will be considered on a case-by-case basis for this option. If there are any additional courses which you will still be required to complete we will let you know in your offer letter.