Enquiries: 905-525-9140 Ext. 26401
Staff / Fall 2019
Mo Elbestawi, B.Sc (Alexandria), M.Eng., Ph.D., (McMaster), FCAE, FASME, FCSME, FCIRP, P.Eng./ Director
Gail Krantzberg, B.Sc. (McGill), M.Sc./M.E.S., Ph.D. (Toronto)
Vladimir Mahalec, Dipl. Ing. (Zagreb), Ph.D. (Houston)/ Associate Director (Graduate Studies)
Lotfi Belkhir, B.Sc. (Algiers), M.A. Physics, Ph.D. (Stony Brook), M.B.A. (Walden), Class of 1962 Mechanical Engineering Endowed Chair in Eco-Entrepreneurship
Robert V. Fleisig, B.A.Sc. (Waterloo), M.Eng., Ph.D. (McMaster), P.Eng.
Greig Mordue, B.A. (Wilfrid Laurier), B. Comm. (Windsor), M.B.A. (Heriot-Watt), Ph.D. (Strathcylde), ArcelorMittal Dofasco (AMD) Chair in Advanced Manufacturing Policy
David K. Potter, B.Sc., Ph.D. (Waterloo)
Adjunct Associate Professor
Velma Grover, B.Sc. (St. Bedes), M.Sc. (Kurukshetra), M.Sc., Ph.D. (London)
Adjunct Assistant Professor
Mikhail Hanna, B.Sc., Ph.D. (Calgary), PMP
Catherine A. Booth, B.A.Sc., M.A.Sc. (Waterloo)
Harry Mahler, Dipl. Ind. Design, OCAD, M.A.I.D. (Birmingham)
Vino Vinodrai, B.Sc. Eng. (London), P. Eng.
Qiyin Fang (Engineering Physics)
Aadil Juma (Business)
The M.Eng. Design program emphasizes development of competencies in Design Thinking and innovations methodologies, as well as leadership, collaboration, and management skills to lead diverse teams.
These competencies are combined with advanced technologies to enable design and implementation of solutions which integrate digital reality with the physical world to deliver solutions for daily living or for complex IT or industrial systems.
The following stream are currently offered in the Program:
- Product Design: Design Thinking approach to the development of products and services.
- Digital Reality: Design of augmented-, virtual-, and mixed-reality immersive experiences.
- Smart Systems: Design and integration of AI, robotics, automation, and physical systems
- Process and Production Systems: engineering design and operations improvement
Engineering Entrepreneurship and Innovation
The W Booth School of Engineering Practice and Technology’s Engineering Entrepreneurship and Innovation graduate degree program offers its students the experience, opportunity and resources necessary for aspiring entrepreneurs to lead change. This innovative program for engineers and technology-savvy students provides the essential knowledge and skills to facilitate a successful business startup.
Engineering and Public Policy
The W Booth School of Engineering Practice and Technology Master of Engineering and Public Policy (MEPP) graduate degree program aims:
- to provide a high quality educational experience to graduate engineers and scientists in the areas of engineering, science and public policy;
- to foster applied research in the areas of engineering, science and public policy through the successful completion and dissemination of a research paper;
- to develop viable working linkages between engineering, science and fields of study within social sciences and the humanities (public policy, economics, society)
- to produce graduates who will provide inspired leadership in the engineering, science and public policy areas within the public, private and NGO sectors.
The Master of Engineering in Manufacturing Engineering (MEME) graduate degree program
- To provide a high quality educational experience to graduate engineers in the constantly evolving area of manufacturing;
- To provide an opportunity for both industrial experience and intellectual flexibility while earning a master’s degree;
- To give graduates a focused management experience with concepts including six-sigma production, lean production, just-in-time and more.
Technology Entrepreneurship and Innovation
The W Booth School of Engineering Practice and Technology’s graduate degree program in Technology Entrepreneurship and Innovation offers its students the experience, opportunity and resources necessary for aspiring entrepreneurs to lead change. This innovative program for engineers and technology-savvy students provides the essential knowledge and skills to facilitate a successful business startup.
The Master of Technology Entrepreneurship and Innovation program is a fast paced program aimed at highly motivated students.