Feb 21, 2024
Completion of any Level I program and a Grade Point Average of at least 5.0 including a grade of at least C in three units of Level I English; and successful completion of one of MATH 1A03, 1LS3 or 1X03 and one of MATH 1AA3, 1LT3, or 1XX3 with a grade of at least C+ (see Note 6 below).
- When registering, students should distribute their required English courses (See Requirements below) as follows:
- Level II: 12 units of Level II English
- Level III: 12 units of Levels II and/or III English
- Level IV: 6 units of Levels II and/or III English; 6 units of Level IV English seminars
(No student may take more than six units of Level IV seminars.)
- MATH 1B03 must be completed by the end of Level II. Completion in Level I is strongly recommended. It is also recommended that students consider completing MATH 1C03 prior the end of Level II.
- Students who are interested in taking ENGLISH 4X03 should contact the faculty member chairing the ENGLISH 4X03 committee early in the first term of Level IV.
- With permission of the Department, students may enrol in ENGLISH 4Y06 A/B, 4Y03 and/or 4YY3 in Level IV. Invitations to apply for ENGLISH 4Y06 A/B, 4Y03 and 4YY3 will be circulated to students in the second term of Level III. Students may complete a maximum of 6 units of practicum coursework toward their degree requirements.
- Most graduate programs in English require proficiency in a second language. Students who plan to pursue graduate studies in English are strongly encouraged to include in their program a second language beyond the introductory level.
- While MATH 1LS3 and 1LT3 may be used for consideration to Level II Mathematics and Statistics programs, students are strongly encouraged to take either MATH 1A03 and 1AA3, or MATH 1X03 and 1XX3, to ensure a sufficient background in content required for MATH 2X03.
- ENGLISH 3CR3 and 4CC3 are restricted to students accepted to the Concurrent Certificate in Creative Writing and Narrative Arts (CWNA) and may not be taken for credit towards an English and Cultural Studies program.
120 units total (Levels I to IV), of which 48 units may be Level I
- Level I program completed prior to admission into the program
- Levels II-IV Mathematics or Statistics which must include at least 6 units at Levels III and/or IV
- electives to total 120 units