Feb 29, 2024
- Subject to meeting admission requirements, students may combine two subjects and be graduated with a combined Honours B.A. degree. These combinations are available within the Faculty, with programs in the Faculty of Humanities and with the Arts and Science Program.
- Alternate admission requirements:
- For students enrolled in Level II or III of BA Economics, admission to Levels II, III and IV of Honours Economics programs requires a minimum GPA of 5.0 and an average of at least 5.0 in ECON 2Z03, 2ZZ3, (or 2G03, 2GG3), 2H03 and 2HH3. Students enrolled in Levels II or III of BA Economics cannot gain admission to Honours Economics programs by upgrading ECON 1B03 (or 1BX3) or 1BB3 (or 1BA3).
- For students in another program beyond Level I, admission to Levels II, III and IV of Honours Economics programs normally requires a minimum GPA of 5.0 and an average of at least 5.0 in ECON 2Z03, 2ZZ3, (or 2G03, 2GG3), 2H03 and 2HH3. Students cannot gain admission to Honours Economics programs by upgrading ECON 1B03 (or 1BX3) or 1BB3 (or 1BA3). However, if a student enrolled in Level II or above of another program has a minimum GPA of 5.0 and has completed ECON 1B03 and 1BB3 with an average of at least 5.0 on their first attempt, they will be considered admissible.
- Students with prior credit in a statistics course recognized as an alternative to ECON 2B03 can take ECON 3EE3 (formerly 3U03) only if they achieved a grade of at least B+ in a recognized alternative statistics course. There is no such grade requirement for ECON 3E03 (formerly 3U03). See ECON 3EE3 (formerly 3U03) in the Course Listings section of this Calendar for a list of recognized alternative statistics courses.
- Students registered in Combined Honours programs within the Faculty of Social Sciences must complete at least ECON 4F03 (formerly 3F03) or ECON 4FF3 (formerly 3FF3). Students who wish to satisfy the Honours Seminar requirement specified by the other department may replace 4A03 and 4AA3 with another three units of Economics course.
- COMMERCE 2FA3 may be substituted for ECON 2I03 and COMMERCE 2QA3 may be substituted for ECON 2B03.
- MATH 1MM3 (or 1M03) is required for any student planning to transfer into Commerce and strongly recommended for any student with a Minor in Business or Finance.
- Students who have not completed ECON 1ME3 are recommended to complete one of Grade 12 Mathematics of Data Management, STATS 1LL3, STATS 1L03, or COMMERCE 1DA3.
120 units total (Levels I to IV), of which 48 units may be Level I
- Level I program completed prior to admission to the program.
(See Admission above.)
Levels II, III, IV Economics with no more than six units from the following courses:
- courses specified for the other subject