Feb 21, 2024
Completion of any Level I program with a Grade Point Average of at least 5.0 including a grade of C or greater in one of POLSCI 1AA3 or 1AB3 (See Note 5 below). For continuation in the program, see Minimum Requirements for Entering and Continuing in a Program Beyond Level I in the Faculty of Social Sciences Academic Regulations.
- Students should be alerted to those Levels II and III courses that are required to qualify for a number of Level IV courses. Students who wish to enter courses but who lack the necessary prerequisites must obtain the permission of the instructor.
- POLSCI 2NN3 and 3NN3 or 3N06 A/B and POLSCI 2O06 A/B are required for students enrolled in Honours Political Science programs and recommended for students in the B.A. program.
- Students may take a maximum of 12 units of Level IV Political Science and will be removed from any excess units of Level IV Political Science unless permission is granted by the Department. Additional units of Level IV Political Science may not be used as electives.
- Students who have completed only 3 units of Level I Political Science will be required to complete 3 more units of Level I Political Science by the end of the following academic year.
- Completion of POLSCI 1AB3 by the end of Level I is strongly recommended in order for students to meet the prerequisite for POLSCI 2NN3.
- Students who wish to minor in Globalization Studies, Justice, Law & Order or Public Leadership should consult with the Department of Political Science to ensure they meet all degree requirements and restrictions.
120 units total (Levels I to IV), of which 48 units may be Level I
- the Level I program completed prior to admission to the program (See Admission above.)
- Levels II, III Political Science of which a maximum of 15 units may be Level II; including at least one course from the Canadian Politics Field of Study
- Level IV Political Science (See Note 1 above.)
- Electives, of which no more than 18 units may be from Political Science (the maximum Political Science courses to be taken is 66 units)