Jan 22, 2021
MATH 1B03 must be completed by the end of Level II. Completion in Level I is strongly recommended.
Enrolment in this program is limited and possession of the published minimum requirements does not guarantee admission. Selection is based on academic achievement but requires, as a minimum, completion of any Level I program with a Grade Point Average of at least 5.0 including:
from the following courses, where an average of at least 6.0 (between the courses) is required
from the following courses, with a grade of at least C+
- Students may seek academic advising for this program in either the Department of Mathematics and Statistics or the Department of Biology.
- Completion of MATH 1B03 (or 1ZC3 ) is required by the end of Level II. Completion in Level I is strongly recommended.
- While not required for this program, PHYSICS 1A03 , 1C03 , CHEM 1A03 , 1AA3 and one of CHEM 2BA3, 2E03 , 2OA3 , CHEMBIO 2OA3 are prerequisites for many courses in Biology.
- MATH 2C03 , 2R03 , 3F03 are prerequisites for MATH 4MB3 .
- Many of the courses in the Course List have additional prerequisites. Students are advised to check the Course Listings section of this Calendar.
- Students considering graduate studies in Biology are recommended to complete BIOLOGY 4C12 A/B S or 4F06 A/B S . Students taking BIOLOGY 4C12 A/B S or 4F06 A/B S may be supervised by faculty from the Department of Mathematics & Statistics as long as they are co-supervised by faculty from the Department of Biology.
- Students considering graduate studies in Mathematics are strongly recommended to complete MATH 3NA3 , 3X03 , 4A03 , 4GR3 and 4MB3 .
120 units total (Levels I to IV), of which no more than 48 units may be Level I
(See Admission above.)
from the following courses, if not completed in Level I
- Course List
(See Program Note 5 above.)
- Levels III, IV Mathematics, Statistics, Biology, Molecular Biology courses
which must include one of