Feb 25, 2024
- Subject to meeting admission requirements, students may combine two subjects and be graduated with a combined Honours B.A. degree. These combinations are available within the Faculty of Social Sciences, with programs in the Faculty of Humanities and with the Arts & Science Program.
- Not every Environment & Society course listed in this Calendar is offered every year. For course availability, students are advised to consult “Class Search” on Mosaic or contact the School of Earth, Environment & Society after April 1st for the list of courses that will be offered in the following academic year.
- Students are strongly encouraged to check prerequisites of upper-level Environment & Society courses and to speak with an Undergraduate Advisor in the School of Earth, Environment & Society regarding course selection.
- Two of ENVSOCTY 1HA3, ENVSOCTY 1HB3, GEOG 1HA3 and GEOG 1HB3 must be completed by the end of 60 units.
- Students intending to enrol in ENVSOCTY 4MT6 A/B must submit an application to the course coordinator by April 1 of the academic year prior to registration. Application forms are available from the School of Earth, Environment & Society main office after March 1. Students will be informed of their permission to register in ENVSOCTY 4MT6 A/B on April 15. Registration in this course is conditional upon achieving a GPA of at least 7.5.
- Students interested in completing courses in the Geographic Information Systems (GIS) & Spatial Analysis subfield are strongly encouraged to complete MATH 1K03; if a Grade 12 Mathematics U was not completed.
- Students interested in taking courses in Environmental Science and/or Earth Science subfields are strongly encouraged to complete ENVIRSC 1C03 and/or EARTHSC 1G03.
- With permission from an Undergraduate Advisor in the School of Earth, Environment & Society, students enrolled in a combined Honours Environment & Society program may substitute ENVSOCTY 3MA3 and/or ENVSOCTY 3MB3 with an equivalent research methods and/or statistics course from the other subject.
- The Combined Honours Environment & Society program requires students to take one field methods course (ENVIRSC 3ME3 or ENVSOCTY 3MF3). All students are encouraged to meet with the academic program advisor in the School of Earth, Environment & Society to decide which of these courses best fits their area of academic interest.
- The field components of ENVIRSC 3ME3 and ENVSOCTY 3MF3 are normally taken outside of the normal term. Details are announced in March.
Students who entered the Combined Honours in Geography and Another Subject (B.A.) program prior to September 2020 should refer to the 2019-2020 Undergraduate Calendar or their personal Advisement Report for program requirements.
120 units total (Levels I to IV), of which 48 units may be Level I
- the Level I program completed prior to admission to the program
(See Admission above.)
Levels II to IV: 90 Units
- Level II ENVSOCTY, EARTHSC, ENVIRSC, GEOG
(See Note 7 above.)
- Level III or IV ENVSOCTY, EARTHSC, ENVIRSC, GEOG
(See Note 7 above.)
- courses specified for the other subject