Feb 21, 2024
Admission to Level II Engineering Programs
Admission to Level II Engineering programs requires completion of all 31 units of required Engineering I courses. Students must maintain a Cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 4.0. All programs have limited enrolment; should there be more applicants than the limiting number in any program, admission to that program will be based on the student’s Cumulative Grade Point Average.
Admission to a B.Eng. Management program is competitive and will be based on cumulative Grade Point Average. Students are required to complete ECON 1B03 - Introductory Microeconomics with a minimum grade of 5.0.
Students admitted to a B.Eng.Society program are required to submit a statement indicating the educational objectives for the focus electives.
Students seeking admission to the Engineering and Management program, or the Engineering and Society program must first be admitted to the relevant department. Thereafter, they will be considered for admission to one of these two programs.
- Students may choose to follow a stream of recommended technical elective courses.
- Process Systems Engineering (PSE) Stream:
Required Courses: Three of CHEMENG 4H03, 4E03, 4G03, 4K03, and 4L03 (at least one PSE laboratory completed). Other courses may be substituted with permission of the Department Chair.
- Polymer Materials and Manufacturing (PMM) Stream:
Required Courses: Three of CHEMENG 3Q03, 4B03, 4H03, 4X03, 4Z03; and 4L03 (at least one PMM laboratory completed). Other courses may be substituted with permission of the Department Chair.
- Water-Energy Technologies (WET) Stream:
Required Courses: CHEMENG 4A03, 4M03, 4L03 (at least one WET laboratories completed) and one of ENGINEER 4V04 or CIVENG 4V04. Other courses may be substituted with permission of the Department Chair.
- As well as completing the academic requirements as specified in this Calendar, students in a Co-op program must complete ENGINEER 1EE0. ENGINEER 2EC0 will be added to the academic record for each 4-month work term.
- approved complementary studies electives
6 units total from the following two subsections
- Level III or IV technical electives from approved List A (Interdisciplinary engineering courses) or permission of the Department of Chemical Engineering