Feb 25, 2024
Offered as a Single or Combined Honours program, Media Arts is a production-oriented program uniting new media with traditional arts and humanities subjects. Through experiential learning, students in the program will engage with the creative, theoretical and critical aspects of digital media production and develop both the practical and conceptual skills necessary to pursue careers in Media Arts.
Enrolment in this program is limited and possession of the published minimum requirements does not guarantee admission. Selection is based on academic achievement in MEDIAART 1A03 (or MMEDIA 1A03, if taken previously) but requires, as a minimum, completion of any Level I program and a Grade Point Average of at least 5.0 including a grade of at least C in MEDIAART 1A03 (or MMEDIA 1A03, if taken previously). (See Notes below.)
- Applicants must have completed any Level I program including the course MEDIAART 1A03 (or MMEDIA 1A03, if taken previously) by April of the year in which application is made. Decisions regarding admission into the Media Arts program are made in May when final grades for the previous Fall and Winter terms are known.
- Application for this program must be made during the program/plan selection process at the end of the Winter term. Please see Application to Level II Programs under Academic Regulations in this section of the Calendar for information with regard to the application procedure. Serious applicants are advised to rank the Media Arts program as their first program of choice for Level II.
- Students entering Media Arts should be aware that, due to course sequencing and prerequisites, it takes a minimum of THREE years beyond Level I to complete program requirements.
Students must register for the following required Media Arts courses in the following sequence:
The following courses must be completed by the end of level II:
Students who entered the Combined Honours Multimedia (B.A.) program prior to September 2021 should refer to the 2020-21 Undergraduate Calendar and their personal Advisement Report for program requirements.
120 units total (Levels I to IV), of which 48 units may be Level I
- Level I program completed prior to admission into the program
- Courses specified for the other subject. (Combinations with Social Sciences may require more than 36 units.)
- electives, excluding Media Arts Course List 1, to total 120 units