Feb 21, 2024
This program has been renamed Honours Biology - Physiology Research Specialization (B.Sc.).
Students who enrolled prior to September 2022 will be given the choice to remain in Honours Biology - Physiology or transfer into Honours Biology - Physiology Research Specialization.
Enrolment in this program is limited and possession of the published minimum requirements does not guarantee admission. Selection is based on academic achievement but requires, as a minimum, completion of any Level I program with a Grade Point Average of at least 5.0 including:
from the following courses, where an average of at least 6.0 (between the courses) is required
- The Honours Biology - Physiology Research Specialization program allows students to choose Biology courses which reflect their own Physiology-related interests and includes additional lab and/or field and research experience as compared to the Honours Biology - Physiology Core program. Students are encouraged to discuss their course selections with a Biology academic program advisor.
- It is recommended that students take both PSYCH 1X03 and 1XX3 if they are interested in upper level Psychology courses.
- All students must take BIOLOGY 2A03 in Level II.
- Completion of BIOLOGY 4C12 A/B S or 4F06 A/B S is required in Level IV. Students who do not obtain the minimum Grade Point Average as stated in the prerequisite, may request a requisite waiver from the Undergraduate Associate Chair. Students denied permission may not continue in the program and must apply to transfer to the Honours Biology Core program. Effective September 2023, students denied permission may not continue in the program and must apply to transfer to the Honours Biology - Physiology Core program. Effective September 2023, students who are not interested in completing BIOLOGY 4C12 A/B S or 4F06 A/B S may transfer to the Honours Biology - Physiology Core program.
- Completion of STATS 2B03 by the end of Level III is required.
- Completion of BIOLOGY 3ZZ3 by the end of Level III is recommended.
- Students are strongly encouraged to complete two of BIOLOGY 3XL3, 4T03, 4X03. Additional units from this list may be used towards the Physiology Course List requirement.
- Students who entered the program prior to September 2022 can use BIOLOGY 3DD3, 3FF3, 3R03, 3SS3, MEDPHYS 4B03, PSYCH 2NF3, 3F03, 3T03 towards the Physiology Course List.
120 units total (Levels I to IV), of which no more than 48 units may be Level I
(See Admission above.)
- the Physiology Course List
which must include one of: