Feb 22, 2024
Enrolment in this program is limited. Selection is based on academic achievement but requires, as a minimum, completion of any Level I program with a Grade Point Average of at least 5.0 including a grade of at least C in one of WORKLABR 1A03, 1D03, 1E03 (or LABRST 1D03, 1E03, 1A03 or 1C03; see Note 2 below). For continuation in the program, see Minimum Requirements for Entering and Continuing in a Program Beyond Level I in the Faculty of Social Sciences Academic Regulations.
- See Admission to Level II Programs in Academic Regulations in this section of the Calendar.
- Students who have who have completed only 3 units of Level I Work and Labour Studies (or Labour Studies) will be required to complete 3 more units of Level I Work and Labour Studies during their Level II year.
- Students may not transfer to another Work and Labour Studies program except by the normal application process.
- Students who complete a six-unit Research Methods/Statistics course will reduce their elective component by three units.
- Students who have completed LABRST 4D03 need not complete WORKLABR 4C03 or LABRST 4E03.
- Students are encouraged to consult the School of Labour Studies website at: http://www.labourstudies.mcmaster.ca.
Social and Political Context of Social Work Course List
*only open to those students in a Social Work program
120 units total (Levels I to IV), of which 48 units may be Level I
- the Level I program completed prior to admission to the program
(See Admission above.)
- Course List 1, where at least nine units must be selected from Levels III or IV courses
- Electives, of which at least six units must be taken from outside of Work and Labour Studies